What should I pay attention to when making payments in online shops?
- Make sure you’re on the right online shop by carefully checking the domain name. Check the URL in the address bar of your browser at the top of the screen.
- The “Send and receive money” function is only intended for private use between friends and family. If you would like to use this function to purchase goods or services, particularly from people you do not know, please proceed with caution and review the payment recipient carefully. Such transactions may involve attempted fraud.
- Don’t supply any details or information on websites that are untrusted.
- Always protect your username and password on all websites and never disclose these to third parties.
- In case you have multiple TWINT apps installed on your phone, make sure you’re selecting the right app to make the payment when the phone switches from the online store to the payment application.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!