In the TWINT app, you can take out insurance policies directly with our partner and independent insurance broker Würth Financial Services AG, for example for your new smartphone, your bike or your future online purchases. Depending on the insurance model, payment is automatically taken care of once or every month via TWINT – simply and conveniently.
How it works:
- Open your TWINT app, tap the “Partner functions” section and select the “Insurance” option. The four most frequently used partner functions are displayed at first. To see all of the functions, tap “Display all”.
- You will now be redirected to the “InsurHub” web application of our partner Würth Financial Services AG.
- Tap the insurance policy in which you are interested.
- You will now see a detailed description of the insurance policy selected.
- Tap “Calculate premium” to gain an overview of the different price models for the respective insurance policy. Alternatively, tap “Back” to go back to the overview of insurance policies.
- Once you have tapped “Calculate premium”, you can choose the desired price model. If you tap “Find out more”, you will receive further information about the respective price model.
- Tap “Enter personal information”.
- You will now be prompted to enter your personal details for the insurance policy on a one-time basis. Confirm the details you have entered by tapping “Continue to overview”.
- In the final step, you will see a summary of the insurance policy you selected. Please confirm that you accept the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance (GTCI) and the General Terms and Conditions (GTC) and then tap “Take out policy now”.
- You will now be taken back to the TWINT app.
- If you have taken out a one-time insurance policy (e.g. for a rental car excess), then approve the payment in the TWINT app now by confirming the amount with OK.
- If you have taken out an ongoing insurance policy (e.g. travel insurance), you will be asked on a one-time basis to save TWINT as the payment method for the billing party “Würth InsurHub”. Please confirm this and then tap “Complete save process”. By doing so, you will be charged the first monthly payment directly and you will permit TWINT to automatically pay the future monthly instalments when they are due. This also applies to any other ongoing insurance policies you would like to take out in the future.
- Your insurance policy, the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance (GTCI) and all other insurance documents will be sent to you directly by e-mail afterwards.
Please note that this partner function may not be available in every TWINT app. Should you not be able to find the partner function in your respective app, please contact the Customer Service team for your TWINT app.