My identity could not be verified. What do I need to keep in mind?
Before you are able to use the full functionality of the TWINT prepaid app, we need to verify your identity. If you have received a message that states that your identity could not be verified due to the quality of your photograph, please take note of the following points:
- After you have specified with which identification document you would like to verify your identity, please make sure that you have the relevant identification document to hand and that you take note of the following points:
- Depending on the identification document, you will need to take photographs of both sides of the identification document (follow the on-screen instructions).
- The identification number, first name(s), last name(s), date of birth, nationality and validity date must be clearly visible and displayed in full.
- No information must be cut off at the edges and there must not be any reflected light visible on the photo of the identification document.
- You will subsequently be asked to take a selfie of you holding the identification document.
- For the selfie, use the same identification document that you took a photograph of in the previous step.
- Your identification document must be completely visible. Hold it between your fingers so that they do not cover up any information. Align the position in which you hold the identification document with the corresponding markings on your phone screen.
- Your face must be completely visible in the selfie and must neither be covered by the identification document nor cut off at the edges of the photograph. Align the position of your face with the corresponding markings on your phone screen.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!