What is “Ticketless parking” and how does it work?
With the “Ticketless parking” TWINT function, we are now offering our users the opportunity to benefit from an automated system for paying parking fees in parking facilities with barrier systems (e.g. multi-storey car parks) and a licence plate recognition system. This service will incur an additional fee for you of CHF 0.25 per parking session.
Ticketless parking will only be made available to users that have already used the normal “Parking” function and have thus already saved at least one licence plate number. Please note that this additional function may not be available in every TWINT app. Should you not be able to find the function in your respective app, please contact the Customer Service team for your TWINT app.
To be able to use “Ticketless parking”, you must first sign up for this service:
- Go to the “Partner functions” area in your TWINT app and select the option “Parking”. The 4 most frequently used additional functions are displayed here. You can view a complete overview of these functions by tapping “Show all”.
- You will now be redirected to the Parking WebView of Digitalparking.
- Tap the vehicle symbol in the top-right corner of the screen. A message will now be displayed at the top of the screen, asking you to activate licence plate recognition. Tap “Activate” here and confirm again that you would like to activate the system.
- You will now be taken to the TWINT app, where you need to save Parkingpay TWINT as the payment method. Please confirm this and then tap “Complete save process”.
- Back in the Parking WebView of Digitalparking, you will now see an overview of all of your saved vehicle registration numbers.
To be able to use “Ticketless parking”, please proceed as follows:
- Simply drive to a parking facility that is equipped with a licence plate recognition system.
- When you drive in past the barrier, your licence plate number will be recorded by the parking facility. The barrier opens automatically.
- When you drive out past the barrier, your vehicle registration number will be recorded again.
- The duration of the parking session will now be calculated and you will be charged for this automatically in TWINT as well as a service fee of CHF 0.25 per parking session.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Digitalparking AG Help Desk via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0848 330 555.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!