What should I pay attention to when sending and receiving money?
- TWINT allows you to quickly and securely send money to friends and your family. Never validate a TWINT payment if you do not know the recipient. If you are asked to initiate a payment to a private individual, do not validate the payment unless you are expecting this request for money. Check the recipient’s details carefully to ensure that the payment is sent to the right person. Do not always trust the information provided in the message field of the request for money. This is not part of the payment process and is only used for communication purposes.
- When sending money, make sure to use the contacts in your contact list and check that the information you have entered is correct. When making a payment, use the person’s real name and not their nickname.
- If you are not sure whether you have the right phone number for a person, it is safer if you ask them to send you a request for money instead of you sending them the money directly. This way, you can make sure that the money is sent to the right recipient.
- Sending money to your friends and family cannot be initiated with a QR code. To send money via TWINT, you need the telephone number and the name of the recipient.
- Do not pay any money to private individuals via QR or payment code. These payment options are only offered by retail shops and merchants.
- The “Send money”, “Request money” and “Request and split” functions are only intended for private use between friends and family members. Do not use this function to purchase goods and services from unknown providers. If you would like to use this function to purchase goods or services, particularly from people you do not know, please proceed with caution and review the payment recipient carefully. Such transactions may involve attempted fraud.
- When paying in online shops, only use QR and payment codes from trusted sources and before paying, always review the payment recipient carefully.
- Never use the ‘Release Money’ functionality to initiate payments. This function is only designed to transfer your TWINT prepaid credit to your personal bank account.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!