How can I pay with TWINT in an online shop?
How it works:
- In the online shop, select “TWINT” as the payment method. You will be shown a QR code and a five-digit payment code. When using an online shop on a mobile device, you will usually be given the opportunity to switch directly to the TWINT app.
- Open the TWINT app using the fingerprint scanner, facial recognition or your PIN.
- If you have been transferred directly to the app from the online shop, the transaction will now be displayed.
- If you would like to scan the QR code displayed on your monitor, tap the QR code symbol in the bottom-right corner of the TWINT app and point your smartphone camera at the QR code. Alternatively, you can enter the number code displayed in the online shop into the TWINT app.
- Check the merchant details and the amount and then confirm the payment. Important: You must then tap “Close” to return to the online shop.
- Confirm the amount by tapping ‘OK’.
According to a recent study carried out by ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, approximately 77% of bricks and mortar retailers and 76% of online shops in Switzerland now offer TWINT as a payment method. Some examples of where you can make quick and secure online payments with your TWINT app can be found here.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!