How can I refund a buyer’s payment?
You can re-credit a transaction to the buyer at any time. You have two options here:
Via the transaction search in the TWINT merchant portal
- Log into the merchant portal
- Click ‘Transactions’ in the menu bar on the left-hand side
- Search for the transaction that is to be re-credited
- Click on the “Cancel” button next to the transaction
- Enter the amount to be cancelled in the ‘Amount’ field. This can be either the total transaction amount or a lower amount. The amount to be cancelled must not be larger than the original transaction amount
- Please do not change the entry in the ‘Reference’ field
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button
- Confirm your intention by clicking the ‘Cancel’ button again
- Your customer will receive a notification within a short period of time, stating that the amount has been re-credited to their TWINT account.
- The credited amount will be displayed accordingly in your daily closing balance statement.
Via the transaction search by e-mail
- You can configure notifications for executed transactions in the merchant portal
- Click on the link to refund the relevant payment in the e-mail notification for an executed transaction
- Confirm that you would like to refund this transaction for the customer
- Your customer will receive a notification within a short period of time, stating that the amount has been re-credited to their TWINT account
- The credited amount will be displayed accordingly in your daily closing balance statement
An exception to this rule is when the TWINT account belonging to your customer has been closed in the meantime. In these exceptional circumstances, you would have to contact your customer directly and arrange an alternative method of reimbursing them with their payment (using the same procedure as with a credit card that is no longer valid).
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!