How can I refund a buyer’s payment?
You can re-credit a transaction to the buyer at any time. To do so, please proceed as follows:
- Log into the merchant portal
- Click ‘Transactions’ in the menu bar on the left-hand side
- Search for the transaction that is to be re-credited
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button next to the transaction (please do not use the ‘Credit’ button)
- Enter the amount to be cancelled in the ‘Amount’ field. This can be either the total transaction amount or a lower amount. The amount to be cancelled must not be larger than the original transaction amount
- Please do not change the entry in the ‘Reference’ field
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button
- Confirm your intention by clicking the ‘Cancel’ button again
- Your customer will receive a notification within a short period of time, stating that the amount has been re-credited to their TWINT account.
- The credited amount will be displayed accordingly in your daily closing balance statement.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!