Conditions of Participation
Participation in the competition is pursuant to the conditions listed below.
The competition shall be held by TWINT AG, Stauffacherstrasse 41, 8004 Zurich, in the time period from 8.00 a.m. on 27 February 2023 to 11.59 p.m. on 5 March 2023.
Every user who has made at least one purchase within the “Super Deals” function in the TWINT app during the promotion period will be automatically entered into the competition.
A total of CHF 3000 will be given away to participating users. Users can win up to 20% of the paid purchase price (incl. VAT) up to a maximum amount of CHF 400. Every participant is only permitted to win once. The winners will be drawn at random via a one-armed bandit in the TWINT app. The one-armed bandit can only be pulled once.
The winners will be notified of whether or not they have won a prize directly after the one-armed bandit is pulled in the TWINT app. The prize will be paid out immediately afterwards in the app.
Users who do not want to take part in the competition can deregister from the competition by contacting [email protected]
To the extent permitted by law, TWINT shall accept no liability or responsibility in connection with this competition as well as the organisation and drawing of the prizes. TWINT shall reserve the right to amend these Conditions of Participation at any time with immediate effect for new competition participants. TWINT shall not be liable for server failures and performance problems encountered by banks that participate. In addition, the terms of the TWINT app used to make the payment shall also apply.
In the event that there is any suspicion of fraud or misuse, TWINT reserves the right, without stating a reason, to exclude individual TWINT users from the competition, stop the competition or reclaim the prize. Should TWINT exclude individual TWINT users or stop the competition, there shall be no entitlement to payment or compensation.
People aged 12 and above and residing in Switzerland shall be eligible to participate in the competition. Competition agents and competition clubs are excluded from entering the competition. Employees of TWINT AG and partner companies that are involved in the competition are excluded from entering. The use of robots and other similar tools for data mining or the automatic submission and transmission of data is not permitted.
All of the information collected in connection with competitions shall be exclusively processed by TWINT.
No correspondence shall be entered into regarding the competition. There shall be no right of appeal. There shall be no enforceable right to the pay-out of prizes.
If one or more of the provisions of these Conditions of Participation is invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
These Conditions of Participation shall be governed exclusively by Swiss law.
The responsible body for the collection and use of personal data in connection with the competition is TWINT AG, Stauffacherstrasse 41, 8004 Zurich, [email protected].
For TWINT app users
TWINT shall use your personal data [user ID, name and address] for your participation in the competition, to notify the winners and to deliver the prizes. Your personal data shall not be used for marketing purposes if you have not separately consented to such use. Please also observe the general provisions of the Data Privacy Statement in section  of the Conditions of Participation.
Furthermore, the general Data Privacy Provisions for the use of the TWINT app shall apply.
For the users of TWINT issuer bank apps
TWINT AG shall only collect and process your user ID – as well as certain other non-personal data that is required to determine the winners – and only for participation in the competition. TWINT AG shall communicate this to the relevant bank, which shall be responsible for notifying the winners and delivering the prizes. Your personal data shall not be used by TWINT for marketing purposes. Please also observe the general provisions of the Data Privacy Statement in section  of the Conditions of Participation.
Furthermore, the data privacy provisions of the respective issuer bank shall apply.
- The employees, agents and other third parties that have access to the personal data are obliged by TWINT to ensure that they adhere to all of the applicable data privacy provisions. Persons to whom TWINT grants access to personal data within the meaning of this Data Privacy Statement shall be provided with the appropriate training with respect to data security and privacy.TWINT shall protect personal data using the appropriate physical, electronic and procedural security precautions, including firewalls and personal passwords as well as encryption and authentication technologies.
Persons whose personal data is processed in accordance with this Statement are entitled to:
- Be provided with information about the personal data that TWINT saves (categories of data, recipients or categories of recipients, the retention period of personal data and the criteria for determining the retention period)
- Be provided with a copy of their personal data
- Demand that their personal data be corrected in the event that incorrect data has been saved
- Demand the deletion of their personal data
- Demand that restrictions be imposed for the processing of personal data
- The above entitlements can be denied or restricted if the interests, rights and freedoms of third parties prevail or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend the legal rights of TWINT.Every person affected by the processing of personal data can revoke their consent thereto at any time. If you would like to revoke your consent or if you require further information about the processing of personal data, please address your requests to TWINT AG, Stauffacherstrasse 41, 8004 Zurich, [email protected].