Senior Database Architect 80-100%
Shape the future of digital payment solutions together with us and become part of the TWINT success story! Mobile payment is our passion, and it doesn't stop there. Do you want to create an impact with TWINT and to work in dynamic and innovative teams in Bern and Zurich? Then keep reading.
The Technology & Architecture Team is a pioneering competence center, that unites senior professionals from different architectural backgrounds. Together we guide the development and continuous improvement of a high-performance, scalable and secure payment system.
To allow TWINT to grow and expand, we need you in the role of Senior Database Architect - in Zurich or Bern with Home Office.
- You are a member of the "Technology & Architecture" team and define the target architecture of TWINT on AWS together with the other architects
- Your experience and knowledge of best practices in building resilient and scalable systems will help us make the right architectural decisions
- Responsible for the overall engineering, optimization and performance of DBs across multiple systems
- Rearchitecting current systems, selection of optimal persistence layer types on a use-case basis
- Responsible for the lifecycle and demand/forecast management, as well as dynamic scaling for all used databases
- Identify poorly performing business processes or queries, tuning, including partitioning, compression and index management, etc.
- Implementation of a modern event-driven microservice architecture
- Support engineering teams during feature implementation and lead our architects across teams via the DB chapter
- Completed computer science studies (Bachelor or Master) with several years of practical and project experience in complex IT landscapes and ideally in the payment environment
- Profound, multi-year practical and project experience in database engineering in a business and technically complex environment, software engineering skills advantageous
- Substantial experience in Oracle (Exadata) OLTP engineering, as well as the AWS DB offerings
- Experience in setting up performance-optimized data models
- Familiarity with the common Linux tools for log analysis. Knowledge of Java/Java EE as well as Git is advantageous
- Hands-on attitude, taking responsibility and displaying personal initiative, independence and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Experience with agile project methodology (certification advantageous)
- Analytical and structured way of working, practice-oriented solution finding and excellent communication skills
- Very good knowledge of English (German advantageous)