I am unable to make a payment via a Beacon. What could the problem be?
Please note that the Beacon function is gradually being deactivated. In the TWINT prepaid app, it has not been possible to pay using the Beacon since app version 41 (end of 2023). This function will be deactivated in the other TWINT apps at a later point in time.
If the Beacon function is still available in your app but you have problems making a payment using a Beacon, please proceed as follows:
- Inform the cashier that you would like to pay using TWINT or select TWINT as the means of payment at a self-checkout cash register.
- Check whether your smartphone’s Bluetooth function and location services are activated.
- Open the TWINT app using the fingerprint scanner, facial recognition or your PIN, tap the “Pay” button and then select the “Beacon” option in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Hold your smartphone up to the Beacon at a distance of 5 to 10 cm.
- It may be the case that a WLAN signal is causing problems. Deactivate the Wi-Fi signal on your smartphone and try again.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!