How to apply for and download certificates
If you would like to use TWINT with your online-compatible cash register or via a shop plug-in, you will need a valid SwissSign certificate. The free certificate needs to be downloaded once every three years and is valid for all of the added stores for a period of three years.
All you need to do is as follows:
- Log into the TWINT merchant portal
- Click “Settings” in the menu bar on the left-hand side
- Scroll down to “Order certificate from SwissSign”
- Create a password for your certificate. It is important that you do not forget this password.
- Confirm the password by entering it again
- Click the “Apply for a new certificate” button
- Click the “Download certificate” button
The certificate will be available for you to download for 30 days from the date of application.
Please note that the certificates have a validity period of three years and must be renewed once this period has come to an end. All you need to do then is to follow the steps set out above again.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!