How do I use TWINT to pay for refuelling?
You can use TWINT to pay to refuel your vehicle at the cash registers of staffed petrol stations that offer TWINT as a payment method.
You can also use TWINT to pay when refuelling your vehicle at unstaffed petrol stations run by selected partners. You will be able to recognise this option by the TWINT QR code, which is affixed to the fuel dispenser or on the payment terminal.
To pay, please take the following steps:
- Open your TWINT app and tap “QR code”.
- Scan the QR code on the fuel dispenser or the payment terminal with which you would like refuel. If you scan the QR code on a payment terminal, please select the dispenser with which you would like to refuel.
- Now select the maximum amount that you would like to refuel. If you refuel a lower amount, the difference between the two amounts will be credited to your account afterwards.
- Now start the refuelling process.
- Once you have completed the refuelling process, the actual amount of fuel with which you have refuelled your vehicle will be charged to your TWINT account.
For example: You select the maximum amount of CHF 80, which is then reserved from your TWINT credit. However, you subsequently refuel your vehicle with CHF 60 of fuel. CHF 20 will then be released from the reserved amount and the cost of the amount of fuel actually used (CHF 60) will be charged. Please note that you cannot refuel your vehicle with a higher amount than the maximum amount selected.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!